Customer support/Field Application Engineer – network traffic capture solutions
– Can you help us grow Silicom Denmark A/S even further?
Selsøe Juncker A/S is recruiting on behalf of Silicom Denmark A/S
Silicom Denmark is growing and is in a positive development stage. In order to strengthen the Customer support, the company is looking for a dedicated Field Application Engineer / Custo- mer Supporter, who is passionate about working with our customers and understanding their need to succeed.
This is a unique possibility for a software developer who wants to change the focus from development to customer support and the realm of FPGAs and networking solutions.
Silicom Denmark has a wide range of FPGA based network interface cards. All cards are based on either Xilinx or Intel PSG FPGAs equipped with different memory technology. The products are typically interfaced via SW APIs.
As a new Field Application Engineer / Customer Supporter you will be technical lead respon- sible for supporting the customers integration of our application software and FPGA tech- nology into their solutions.
Your primary tasks:
- Supporting customers in getting started mainly with our network traffic capture solutions, based on FPGA accelerated network cards
- Supporting SW and our FPGA applications in the area of IPSec and RegEx FPGA offloading are also part of the area of work. Specific knowledge of the applications technology area is not required.
- Troubleshooting and debugging when everything is not working out of the box.
- Improvement of our customer documentation in cooperation with our technical writer
- Pick up on customer requirements
- In cooperation with Product Management and R&D, define what is required to support our customers
- You will work closely with HW, SW and FPGA Engineers in our R&D to get the right answers for our customers
- Support is not limited to first line support, but will often also dive into second and third level support tasks
- Construct customer application scenarios
You will have a lot of direct contact with our customers’ development departments, helping their engineers to perform. We are an international company with customers spread across the globe, so travel may occur rarely.
Your profile includes:
- Some knowledge of programming languages, preferable experience with C/C++ and python
- Good understanding of networks, network packets and protocols
- Knowledge of Ethernet and Wireshark is an advantage
- Good understanding of Linux, and compilation, in various distributions
- Comfortable in communicating directly with customers in support or integration efforts
- Understanding of customer support process and ticketing system
- Self-motivating and can take ownership of tasks, including driving and following up on them
- Comfortable with server HW equipment from major vendors
- You are comfortable speaking and writing English
You will on a daily basis have the possibility to contribute to the improvement of our custo- mer satisfaction. You will be trained in the use of our products and gain experience with issues that may give rise to customer tickets.
The position refers to the VP of Product Management, and you will be a part of a dedicated, international team with a high level of professionalism. Silicom Denmark has an innovative, motivating and dynamic development environment, where you will have the opportunity to gain influence and work with the newest technology. Silicom Denmark is characterized by a flat structure and open culture, and the position involves a close collaboration with Sales, Product Management, R&D and Operations.
The ideal candidate is inspired by customer contact and has an engineering background (candidate- or bachelor degree) combined with minimum 2 years of experience as a SW Developer or Network Engineer within the Network, monitoring, Security Datacenter or Telecom industry. Experience with customer support is an advantage but not a requirement.
How to apply:
Please apply online to firstname.lastname@example.org; for further information, you are welcome to contact Selsøe Juncker ApS: Helle Selsøe +45 22733013.